Community Bonding Period May 18 to 1 June
I am very happy to start my Google Summer of Code journey with LibreHealth, I will be working on Mobile App Development Project, I am very much Thankful to LibreHealth & Google for selecting me again. I have also successfully completed GSoC previous year & have worked on Cost of Care project of LibreHealth.
To develop an Android & IOS application to provide clinical decision-support for nurses and doctors delivering essential newborn care interventions during the first day of life. This application provides knowledge, skills, and competencies to nurses and doctors in low/middle-income settings so that they can provide life-saving care to newborns from birth through 24 hours postnatal. App uses DHIS2 as backend & can be setup for any hospital/organization
The Goals of this project are
- Ability to track multiple babies at a time;
- Time-stamping births to generate an essential newborn care clock for each baby being tracked in the app;
- Automated classification of babies health status, based on results from observations and assessments that are conducted during the first 2 hours after birth;
- Automated advice on management of babies, based on their classification; Reminders/alerts to provide recommended essential newborn care interventions;
- If particular interventions are not delivered on time, or at all, capture of information regarding why this essential newborn care was late, or missed
About Community Bonding Period
Community Bonding Period in which you get to know your community and get familiar with their code base and work style.
Ask for resources, required by you, to gain your knowledge for the parts of your project you don’t know.
Discuss and plan your GSoC work with your mentor.
Discuss and plan your time-table for your summer.
- During the community bonding I have introduced myself to mentors & mentors are very much welcoming.
- I recieved access to DHIS2 for the application development, I have discussed with them about creating Programs, Stages, Attributes in DHIS2.
- I read the documentation of DHIS2 Tracker API, Creating Program/Stages.
- I have created a program for On-Call-Doctors & I have to discuss it with mentors.
- I resolved my doubts related to modifying the already created program in DHIS2.
Tasks For Next Week
- Completely setting up DHIS2 with all Programs/Stages/Attributes
- Finalising weekly tasks & creating milestones
- Reading Documentation
- Discussing & showing mentors the programs I will modify in DHIS2